Cannot connect to certain websites on Win7 IE9

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
zgs

Cannot connect to certain websites on Win7 IE9

Post by zgs »

I've got the virtualbox up and running on Win 7 with IE9. I am able to go to some sites like google and facebook no problem.

But when I go to the website I am attempting to test - greensock(dot)com - it gives me an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error. I can ping it and it will respond just fine. I tried using the command "VBoxManage modifyvm "IE9 - Win7" --natdnshostresolver1 on" like I found in another thread here but it didn't seem to help.

My settings: i.stack.imgur(dot)com/Pm9jY.png

Any help?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Cannot connect to certain websites on Win7 IE9

Post by socratis »

Just because an OS/program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem necessarily. You're having an issue that has most probably nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS or the application of the guest.

Try using something newer, like Firefox (the latest) for example. IE9 might have expired root certificates.

And next time please attach the images locally in your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form). Not a lot of people will go to 3rd party sites. Plus, it's more convenient if the image goes along with the message...

And an "image" of the settings is not appropriate, a ZIPPED VBox.log from a complete VM run is much better. In this case 1000 words is way better than a picture... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.