Bridged on WiFi not working

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Spudboy

Bridged on WiFi not working

Post by Spudboy »

I have looked around the board and see many answers saying that the wireless standard doesn't include support for bridging. Well I'm here to tell you that until MOJAVE, this worked just fine for me and many others. So my question is, will Oracle work with Apple (and probably Microsoft) to get this problem resolved? Or is it easier to just blame the standard??

And for the record, bridged over WiFi is still working for my CentOS 7.5 VM, just not with a Win10 guest OS.

Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Bridged on WiFi not working

Post by socratis »

Spudboy wrote:Or is it easier to just blame the standard??
Blame the standard for not covering your needs? Sure... whatever floats your boat, I'm not here to judge...
Spudboy wrote:And for the record, bridged over WiFi is still working for my CentOS 7.5 VM, just not with a Win10 guest OS.
Then Bridged-over-WiFi is working. You got to start searching what's wrong with your guest, not with the standard, not with VirtualBox, not with the drivers.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.