[Solved] Callee RC: NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
vatolin

[Solved] Callee RC: NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200)

Post by vatolin »

VirtualBox 6.0.8 doesn't launch any longer after I have upgraded my system from macOS 10.13 to macOS 10.14. When I click on the program icon in the dock a message appears telling me (translated from German): The COM object could not be created. The application now will be terminated. […] Please verify the permissions for /tmp and /tmp/.vbox-*-ipc. And if I click on arrow with the details there is a message: Callee RC: NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200). What am I doing wrong? Why the VirtualBox doesn't work any longer? And what I have to do to fix this problem?
Last edited by socratis on 20. Jun 2019, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Callee RC: NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200)

Post by socratis »

You might want to print the following steps, or save them in a test file on your desktop, because there are a couple of reboots, and you don't want to go "hunting" in the forums...
  1. Download the latest release if you don't already have them.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Make sure you're part of the "admin" group. If you are logged in with the primary user account/owner, you are part of the admin group.
  4. Mount the DMG from the previous step. Run "VirtualBox_Uninstall.tool". Make sure there are no error messages. If there are, please post them, exactly as they appear.
  5. Reboot.
  6. Mount the DMG from the previous steps. Double-click the "VirtualBox.pkg". As soon as you start the installation, press Cmd+L to show the log. Select "Show All Logs" from the drop-down menu. Before the last step of the installation (Done), click the "Save" in the log window. ZIP and attach that file.
  7. Start VirtualBox. If it crashes, open "Console.app" and look at "User Diagnostics". Is there a VirtualBox related log with the current date/time? ZIP and attach that file as well.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
vatolin

Post by vatolin »

Great! Thank you! That has solved my problem. VB seems to be running again properly.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.