How to check which version of virtualbox I am using

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
AIM28256

How to check which version of virtualbox I am using

Post by AIM28256 »

Host OS: Mac OS Majove 10.14.5
OS installed on virtualbox: Oracle Linux 7.6
Virtualbox version: ??

How do find which version of virtualbox I am using?

My apologies for asking this simple question, I am not able to find it on my installed virtualbox or google search.

Thanks.
AIM28256

Re: How to check which version of virtualbox I am using

Post by AIM28256 »

I found the answer: click on virtualbox --> On top of your screen click Virtualbox next to file ---> Click on About Virutalbox.

Thank you.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

There are normally conventions for where an app displays such information. On Windows it is nearly always found in the "Help|About.." dialog box. However conventions may be host OS specific, so I'll move your topic to "OS X Hosts".
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

mpack wrote:There are normally conventions for where an app displays such information.
And that convention is respected by VirtualBox on OSX, I'm surprised that the OP didn't know that part. Maybe a new OSX user?

Just for completion there's also the universal alternative CLI option. From the Command Prompt/Terminal you can get the version information with the command:
  • 
    VBoxManage -version
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.