VirtualBox 6.0.6 Mac host Ubuntu guest mouse freeze

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
markscott

VirtualBox 6.0.6 Mac host Ubuntu guest mouse freeze

Post by markscott »

I have had Ubuntu Server 18.0.4 installed on High Sierra 10.13.6 for one day. I also have the Unity GUI installed on the Ubuntu server. Today, my mouse began freezing when the guest OS launches. I can have VirtualBox open, but both the USB and another BT mouse freeze and disappear when Ubuntu boots. They were working earlier in the day and prior. The host is an iMac11,2 with 16gb RAM and 8GB allocated to guest. 2 processors at 100% execution are allocated. (I have varied with those settings unsuccessfully.) Guest and host are updated. USB controller has been set to USB 2.0 and 3.0 with same results on either setting. I uninstalled and reinstalled the VirtualBox guest additions.

I am new to Linux but intermediate on Terminal command line. (I have been following a tutorial from WebsiteForStudents to install Nextcloud onto the Ubuntu Server). Earlier in the day, I had succeeded in getting the copy and paste function on the mouse working between host and guest.

Mark
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox 6.0.6 Mac host Ubuntu guest mouse freeze

Post by socratis »

markscott wrote:I have been following a tutorial from ...
Can you install a new guest following the proposed defaults from the templates? If it doesn't work, I'll need to see the ".vbox" file:
  1. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder/Explorer/Whatever".
  2. ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it to your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.