Mouse is not working :(

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
vincen
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 10

Mouse is not working :(

Post by vincen »

Hi,

I installed version 2.0 on Leopard on my Leopard system. Then I imported in it my virtual box from VMWare, then started it, it starts correctly till the login prompt. I have to click on name presented to open windows but I'm unable to do so. If I click in main window of Virtualbox, my mac pointer disappears, the windows pointer doesn't move, icon down right says me mouse is captured but I'm unable to move it in windows :(
What can I do ?

Thanks

Vincèn
amagine
Volunteer

Post by amagine »

Interesting,

Are you able to login to windows?
Does your keyboard work?
vincen

Post by vincen »

amagine wrote:Interesting,
Are you able to login to windows?
Does your keyboard work?
Unhappy not as I'm blocked on login window of Windows where I just need to click on my login name to open Windows but neither keyboard neither mouse looks to work :( An idea what's wrong ?

Thanks

Vincèn
vincen

Post by vincen »

Well finally I found a way to avoid that problem, I deactivated the USB controller in preferences of that virtual machine and now it works, I then installed extensions, rebooted and reactivated USB interface and now everything works, cool :)

Vincèn
Last edited by vincen on 6. Sep 2008, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
amagine
Volunteer

Post by amagine »

Hmm I have noticed a Mouse glitch with 2.0 on my Windows XPsp3 GUEST system

The mouse cursor will disappear visually although it is still active when interacting with the windows start menu.

To get past the login window, try hitting TAB then Enter a few times till you activate the login user button and see if you can get your Mouse cursor activated.

If you can not TAB Enter to select your User Button, then perhaps Input devices are not passing through at all to your virtualmachine guest os.
amagine
Volunteer

Post by amagine »

vincen wrote:Well finally I found a way to avoid that problem, I deactivated the USB controller in preferences of that virtual machine and now it works, cool :)

Vincèn
Good work! This is beginning to appear to be bug with the new 2.0 version.