With Virtualbox 2.0 and W2K-guest USB 2 no longer works

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
tkwm
Volunteer

With Virtualbox 2.0 and W2K-guest USB 2 no longer works

Post by tkwm »

While discussing that Nokia-Sync-item (see for that also in the bug-report-list) at the Heise-reader-forum, I wanted to try this by myself.
After reading that CPU-load-discussion in this forum, a while ago, I had disabled ACPI and complete USB, that was enabeled before, as well as USB 2. Because I wanted to check out if under VirtualBox2 NokiaSync now might work, I enabled USB again and also that USB 2-option. That caused W2K not to start up. I can see the initial windowsscreen, but when the gui comes up, it stops, there is nothing more than that light-blue screen, no icons, nothing. I deinstalled the guestadditions and installed the new ones. I then tried it again with all USB-devices disconnected, with different other options for the virtualmachine changed, with an other user-account, I even tried it with the old 1.6.4 usb-kernel-extension copied to the /Library/Extensions-folder. I also tried my backuped vmdk-file. Only if I disable the USB2-option my W2K starts up. So this looks like a bug in the new version, because that USB2-option worked in the former versions. Has anybody made the same experience? Is there a solution?
Oh yes, the computer supports USB2, it is a MBP from late 2007.