[WorksForMe] Installing CentOS 7:Keep getting failed, no medium

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Nolli

[WorksForMe] Installing CentOS 7:Keep getting failed, no medium

Post by Nolli »

As stated in the subject, I have MacBook pro with El Capitan and VirtualBox Version 5.2.26 r128414 (Qt5.6.3) and whenever I set up a VDI, make the selections in storage configuration to point the CentOS 7 ISO minimal 64bit, the boot process halted claiming no boot medium found...it's very fustrating indeed! Got the same exact output when I tried on my MacMini with Mojave.
Last edited by socratis on 6. Feb 2019, 00:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installing CentOS 7:Keep getting failed, no medium

Post by socratis »

If it says no bootable medium, it means it. Check your ISO, make sure it's not corrupted.

And please use the wizard if you're new to this whole endeavor. Make it work first, experiment later.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Nolli

Post by Nolli »

Thank you Socratis for responding...I am not new to virtualbox and I had downloaded both the minimal and everything CentOS 7 64bits and had checked using the checksum...I'll try again after downloading the OS.
Nolli

Post by Nolli »

Well Socratis, you were correct...what I had downloaded yesterday appears wasn't good...today I downloaded CentOS 7.6 minimal and it's installing...thank you!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for reporting back. Marks as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.