Windows screen detaching from frame

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
dkardell

Post by dkardell »

For some reason on 6.0.4 when i move my windows frame, the frame moves but the client area remains. Resizing the frame works just fine as does full screen. Its just moving frame around when in window'ed mode.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows screen detaching from frame

Post by socratis »

Are you on an OSX host?
Then it's a known issue. See VB display frame and content are no longer bound in High Sierra (osx 10.13) for a couple of workarounds.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
dkardell

Post by dkardell »

When moving the frame of Ubuntu running on a Mac, the frame moves but the client window detaches. What can I provide to help debug.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows screen detaching from frame

Post by socratis »

How about reading your previous post, which had the answer, and which I'm going to merge your current question to? The one that you never replied to? And move both of them from "Linux Guests" and "Windows Guests" to the "OSX Hosts" where the question belongs.

This question was a very close to a duplicate one, but not quite actually, that's why it doesn't get deleted. I hope that by moving it to the correct section of the forums, it will answer the question "Where is the problem?", if it wasn't obvious from the previous reply...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.