[Resolved] Unable to change settings - OK greyed out

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Alew

[Resolved] Unable to change settings - OK greyed out

Post by Alew »

I just installed VirtualBox 6.0 on my mid 2010 MacBook Pro running running OS 10.13.6. I am installing VirtualBox to be able to hook to my SNES classic via USB. I've installed MSEdge - Win10 into VirtualBox. The problem is that the OK button is greyed out when going into settings. The Cancel button is the only one that is active, so therefore I can't change any of the settings.

Any ideas?
Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.30.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.30.17 AM.png (68.65 KiB) Viewed 26383 times
Last edited by socratis on 11. Jan 2019, 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Resolved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Unable to change settings - OK greyed out

Post by socratis »

Do you see the "Invalid settings detected" at the bottom? Hover over with the mouse and it will tell you what the problem is. Fix the problems, and you're going to be able to hit the OK.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Alew

Post by Alew »

Thanks so much!!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going. Marking as [Resolved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Alew

Re: [Resolved] Unable to change settings - OK greyed out

Post by Alew »

Well, no I've got a problem opening a session....should I start a new thread for it?

This is what I'm getting.....
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine MSEdge - Win10.

The virtual machine 'MSEdge - Win10' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: MachineWrap
Interface: IMachine {5047460a-265d-4538-b23e-ddba5fb84976}
Last edited by socratis on 11. Jan 2019, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enclosed the information in [quote] tags for better readability.
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: [Resolved] Unable to change settings - OK greyed out

Post by socratis »

Alew wrote:should I start a new thread for it?
Absolutely! We try to observe the one thread per issue, one issue per thread, a thread with a matching title preferably... ;)

And (I'm trying to be proactive here) we'll need to see a complete VBox.log, from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
JoeyMommy

Post by JoeyMommy »

socratis wrote:Do you see the "Invalid settings detected" at the bottom? Hover over with the mouse and it will tell you what the problem is. Fix the problems, and you're going to be able to hit the OK.
No. It doesn't want to dissapear but i changed everything i had wrong.
Pflichtfeld

Post by Pflichtfeld »

socratis wrote:Do you see the "Invalid settings detected" at the bottom? Hover over with the mouse and it will tell you what the problem is. Fix the problems, and you're going to be able to hit the OK.
It is not possible to solve the issue, because the OK-Button stays greyed. The invalid setting is "the hardware visualisation is active, although it is not supported by the host-System". I can deactivate this setting in System-Acceleration/Beschleunigung, but I cannot save this change of setting.
Canoa-BY

Post by Canoa-BY »

Pflichtfeld wrote:
It is not possible to solve the issue, because the OK-Button stays greyed. The invalid setting is "the hardware visualisation is active, although it is not supported by the host-System". I can deactivate this setting in System-Acceleration/Beschleunigung, but I cannot save this change of setting.
Hi,

as Plichtfeld descibes form me OK is also greyed out (having failure hint to acceleration page). So I cannot deactivate the acceleration check box!

History:
  • Ubuntu 18.04 on Intel Atom machine
    Old virtualbox (ubuntu buildin package) worked fine (except USB, therefore upgrade to v6.1)
    I created a blank new maschine for 32-Bit Win7
    Starting the VM gives hint to acceleration checkbox (which can not be deactivated, as the OK Button is deactivated)
Is there any Hint to solve this problem?

UPDATE

It seems this is not possible in Version 6.1 anymore (due to the poor hardware on my server), so I switched to Version 6.0 inluding its Extension-Pack.

Best regards and keep save all!