Not enough space on my VDI

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
CorinneS

Not enough space on my VDI

Post by CorinneS »

I am on MAC OS, with Virtualbox 5.2, and I've created an linux vdi. But there is not enough space anymore, can i extend it with creating a new one ? Thanks
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Not enough space on my VDI

Post by socratis »

Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
CorinneS

Post by CorinneS »

Thanks Socratis, but I am not sure about what it means "fixed drives" is it when in the information about the vdi it is written "fixed size storage" ?
Is it better to create a new vdi ? Thanks !
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

CorinneS wrote:information about the vdi it is written "fixed size storage" ?
You can go to the media manager and get information about the VDI. If it says "Dynamically allocated" then... it's not fixed.
CorinneS wrote:Is it better to create a new vdi ?
Well, if you don't mind losing everything, then why don't you go ahead and create the VM from scratch, a new VM altogether.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

socratis wrote:
CorinneS wrote:Is it better to create a new vdi ?
Well, if you don't mind losing everything
He might have been asking whether it was better to add another drive to the VM.
CorinneS

Post by CorinneS »

I created a new vdi, but now I have problems with the network , it says the activation of the network has failed !
Shall i still install Adition for that ? I installed Ubuntu 18.04.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

The network and the Guest Additions have nothing to do with each other. But, since the question does not involve your VDI space, I suggest you open a new thread with an appropriate title and describing the problem in detail.