"System Extension Blocked"

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Oliver23

"System Extension Blocked"

Post by Oliver23 »

Dear forum,

Just tried to install VirtualBox on macOS Mojave. During the process a windows popped up with the message:
"System Extension Blocked
A program tried to load new system extension(s) signed by "Oracle America, Inc."..."

Why are such extensions required?

What are these extensions?

Thanks and best regards,
Oliver
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: "System Extension Blocked"

Post by socratis »

Follow the Apple Documentation: User-Approved Kernel Extension Loading.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Oliver23

Post by Oliver23 »

Thank you for your reply. But I do know how to allow such an extension. My questions are directed into a different direction.

Oliver
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Oliver23 wrote:What are these extensions?
Oliver23 wrote:But I do know how to allow such an extension. My questions are directed into a different direction.
Are you really asking why the kernel extensions are required? Is that really your question?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.