Mojave Compatibility

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
BeOS Guy

Re: Mojave Compatibility

Post by BeOS Guy »

I'm using the latest version of VB on a Mac host running Mojave and running Win10 as a guest. It's very good, stable, and lets me get my work done. As a fun project I also have two BSD guest Operating Systems that run ok, but just needs a little tweaking. Currently, I'm not getting any audio from either BSD guest. When the Intel HD audio option is chosen in Virtual Box, I get a crash right after my login password. The newest version of VB works great for me on a Mojave host, thanks to the Code Warriors for this awesome software.
gyounes

Post by gyounes »

Hello,
I have VB 5.2.18 on Mojave with 3 Ubuntu Servers Guests and Oracle Linux Server as Guest.
it works fine but I can tell that the startup up of instance is slower than when I have High Sierra ( it was way quicker) to starts up
so if someone have found what I have to change it will be nice
best regards
hardc0der

Post by hardc0der »

I'm using Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2015 with Mojave v10.14.1

My VirtualBox app version: Version 5.2.20 r125813 (Qt5.6.3) (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server os installed as client)

I was using VirtualBox with this configuration without any problem before Mojave

After I installed Mojav, the problems started. After I boot the virtualbox vm, virtualbox process is starting to use CPU as %100 constantly and not going down for any time. I check Ubuntu with top command and there's no process is using CPU either %1 !

I gave all the permissions from System Preferences > Security & Privacy to all Virtualbox related apps under Accessibility but nothing changed.

How can I get rid of of situation any idea?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

@hardc0der
Please post in a related thread next time and use the search functionality. See the two related threads:
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
hardc0der

Post by hardc0der »

Hello socratis, I've searched on Google and was take a look on all topics that found and then wrote in here. Thank you for redirections, i will check them out immediately