[Solved] Disk content lost after detaching and reattaching vmdk files

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
dpak

Re: [Solved] Disk content lost after detaching and reattaching vmdk files

Post by dpak »

I ran into the same issue. Only difference is mine is a Windows host machine and instead of the .vmdk files - I have a ".vdi" files for my window's vm running in my oracle virtual box. I tried to use the clonevdi tool, but it gives me an error stating it is not supported yet. However looking at the release notes for the clonevdi tool it does state that *.vdi files are supported.

Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks
andyp73
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Assorted Linux, Windows Server 2012, DOS, Windows 10, BIOS/UEFI emulation

Post by andyp73 »

dpak wrote:I ran into the same issue. Only difference is mine is a Windows host machine and instead of the .vmdk files - I have a ".vdi" files for my window's vm running in my oracle virtual box.
Different host + different file format ≠ same issue. It is in fact a thread hijack, and of one that has already been marked solved. Hopefully a moderator will hive this off as a new thread for you and put it in the Windows host section where it belongs.

-Andy.
My crystal ball is currently broken. If you want assistance you are going to have to give me all of the necessary information.
Please don't ask me to do your homework for you, I have more than enough of my own things to do.
dpak

Post by dpak »

ok thanks Andy. I will go ahead and create a new issue under the Microsoft windows host section if that is okay?