Installation failed

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
kaplan21

Installation failed

Post by kaplan21 »

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing VirtualBox (5.1.38) on my macbook (MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6). When I try to install, I get the message "The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." It seems like this is a common problem, but when I go to my security settings, I don't get the option to allow software from Oracle. I've tried all of these solutions from this site: medium dot com /@DMeechan/fixing-the-installation-failed-virtualbox-error-on-mac-high-sierra-7c421362b5b5
But nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to fix this?
mshaikh

Re: Installation failed

Post by mshaikh »

I am facing the same problem. Can't seem to get the "Allow from oracle" option. Did you get any workaround to install it?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installation failed

Post by socratis »

Please read the articles from Apple User-Approved Kernel Extension Loading and some VirtualBox user experiences Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908).

The main one is the Apple one. Reboot your computer and try the installation after having read that.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.