Windows 10 1804 Guest - No Audio

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
JaredP

Windows 10 1804 Guest - No Audio

Post by JaredP »

I'm unable to get audio to work on my Windows 10 Pro guest (1804) on Mac OS X High Sierra (10.13.6). There is absolutely no audio being passed from the guest OS to the host OS.

I have already tried changing the audio controller between Intel HD Audio, ICH AC97, and SoundBlaster 16. I have also tried switching the chipset from PIIX3 to ICH9, as well as the USB controller from 1.1 to 3.0 to no avail.

I'm not sure if the culprit may be that I have a Dell USB sound bar connected as my primary audio device. Audio plays fine from the host, however. No other programs have trouble playing to the sound bar either.

I have already tried both the stable and development releases of VirtualBox. I can attach the development release log file if necessary.

I have attached my most recent log from the VM.

Thanks a bunch!
VBox.log.zip
(29.17 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
apo2

Re: Windows 10 1804 Guest - No Audio

Post by apo2 »

Check audio output is enabled (Checked Mark on it) on the VirtualBox Hosts status bar.
if it is enabled, sound engine has been troubled when any sound was availed. If your Mac successfully handled USB Audio Device by Core Audio in native environment, Core Audio / Intel HD Audio Driver has been worked in stable.
Attachments
audio_output_input.png
audio_output_input.png (60.96 KiB) Viewed 1402 times
JaredP

Re: Windows 10 1804 Guest - No Audio

Post by JaredP »

Thanks for your reply! I just checked and both audio input/output are enabled in the menus.
Last edited by socratis on 15. Sep 2018, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.