Virtual OSX 10.13 Airplay Apple TV4K-> not seeing AppleTV 11.41

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Twinpeaks

Virtual OSX 10.13 Airplay Apple TV4K-> not seeing AppleTV 11.41

Post by Twinpeaks »

Windows 10 laptop. Air Parrot on the Windows 10 side connects to AppleTV 4K no trouble.

Within the VM, however, neither Xcode nor airplay see the Apple TV. The laptop is on the wireless network and I have checked to see that the IP address is within the same and that the gateway is the same on the virtual OSX machine and the Apple TV. I have tried Apple TV both ethernet and Wireless. I have tried, on the network settings, Bridged Adapter and NAT both.

My iPhone also sees the AppleTV 4k just fine and mirrors to it (Airplay.)

I do have a second access point that serves up seperate SSIDs but the laptop with the VM and the Apple TV are connecting directly to the Comcast router/wireless AP device (Arris.)

Looking for advice on what to try next.

Thanks for your time!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Virtual OSX 10.13 Airplay Apple TV4K-> not seeing AppleTV 11.41

Post by socratis »

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response. See the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Twinpeaks

Re: Virtual OSX 10.13 Airplay Apple TV4K-> not seeing AppleTV 11.41

Post by Twinpeaks »

Thank you for your response and your time. I wasn't getting an error because the AppleTV wasn't showing up to do anything with at all in the VirtualBox. I was going to cut you a log anyway, this morning. But when I get up this morning, it's up and available and as happy as can be in Xcode. I've changed nothing, after fiddling with it for a couple hours on Saturday and an hour on Sunday. I wish I understood...… but if it acts up again I will cut a log and return.