Auto-mount of shared folders stopped working when Ubuntu-LTS-18 upgraded

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
sundialsvc4

Auto-mount of shared folders stopped working when Ubuntu-LTS-18 upgraded

Post by sundialsvc4 »

Running VirtualBox latest (5.2.19) I only updated Ubuntu to LTS-18 and now the shared folders won't auto-mount even though I have specified in the appropriate VirtualBox settings-panel that they should do so.

I can mount these shares using sudo mount ... and I'm also reasonably sure that I can use "/etc/fstab," but I don't think that I should have to do so.

No(!) changes were made other than to update Ubuntu. Permissions/Groups also known not to be an issue.

Also – I reinstalled the extensions pack both from the Linux command-line side and by running the installer on the Oracle web-site. Neither have had any effect on the problem.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Auto-mount of shared folders stopped working when Ubuntu-LTS-18 upgraded

Post by socratis »

I've removed your duplicate post from a similar thread. Since you opened your own thread, there's no point in waking up old, [Solved] threads, it's confusing the other thread...
sundialsvc4 wrote:No(!) changes were made other than to update Ubuntu.
Really? And you consider that to be a small, or actually "No(!)" change?

Re-install the GAs. Check the output (post it) for errors. See if it directs you to read another installation log.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.