Guest Additions & USB

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
scarletpizza21

Guest Additions & USB

Post by scarletpizza21 »

I created a Mac machine running High Sierra for using Xcode on my Windows 10 computer. Firstly, I tried to create guest additions, but whenever I click on "Insert Guest Additions CD Image...", it gives me an error: Unable to insert virtual optical disk C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VBoxGuestAdditions.iso Into the machine MacOSHighSierra. Also, I downloaded the extension pack for USB support, but after setting it up, Xcode still did not recognize my iPhone (or any other device plugged in that I added to the list). Thanks for your support in advance! :D
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Guest Additions & USB

Post by socratis »

First of all, you posted on the "OSX Hosts" section. You do not have an OSX Host, you have a Windows Host, and unfortunately OSX guests are only supported on Apple hardware (which you do not have). See: Important notice regarding Mac OS X as Guest.

In the really rare case (0.001%) that this is actually an Apple computer, in which you have installed Windows, and you're trying to boot a legitimate OSX guest and not a Hackintosh, send me a PM and I'll remedy the situation. Be prepared to provide evidence in such a case.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.