Can't get Internet connectivity on NAT or bridged mode

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
chungliwen

Can't get Internet connectivity on NAT or bridged mode

Post by chungliwen »

Hi,

I'm a newbie and managed to get a downloaded Ubuntu installation (from OSBoxes) up and running. But it seems that even on NAT or bridged mode, I can't seem to get internet connectivity. Would anybody be able to help me figure out what's going wrong?

https://i.imgur.com/S52VDwo.png
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Can't get Internet connectivity on NAT or bridged mode

Post by socratis »

If you don't know, you should ask OSBoxes how their guest is configured. For example, is the network cable connected? Otherwise download an Ubuntu ISO and see if you still have the problem.

If you want to continue this discussion you'll need to provide a ZIPPED VBox.log from a complete VM run.

PS: Next time, please attach your images here, locally. And please downsize your attached images by 50% (at least), or simply change the DPI to 72. Not everyone is blessed with a HiDPI display ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
chungliwen

Re: Can't get Internet connectivity on NAT or bridged mode

Post by chungliwen »

Ah, ok. I downloaded the OSBoxes because I was having trouble getting the normal installation working. I'll give it another go with a fresh Ubuntu ISO then.

Ok, will check out the Vbox.log method.

Sorry about the image. I was trying to copy out the text, but I couldn't get the Guest Additions to work (I'm pretty new at this), so I couldn't figure out a better way to share.

Thanks again!
Last edited by socratis on 19. Jun 2018, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.