no drag and drop or clipboard

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: no drag and drop or clipboard

Post by socratis »

That means that you have disabled all the menu items for that VM. Go to the VM Settings » User Interface and enable all the main menu items. Like in your 2nd screenshot, the one labelled "Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 5.01.57 PM.png" (which I'm blatantly going to reference here as well):

If that doesn't work again, right-click on the VM, show in Finder. ZIP and attach that .vbox file.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
teddy-v

Post by teddy-v »

Sorry for the delayed response. Here is the zip file.
Attachments
Win7.vbox.zip
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Yes, you have disabled all the menu items. Since it seems that you can't get it going through the GUI (why?), shut down the VM and issue the following command:
  • 
    VBoxManage setextradata "Win7" "GUI/RestrictedRuntimeMenus"
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.