My virtual machine with El Capitan Crashes on High Sierra

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
MICCX

Re: My virtual machine with El Capitan Crashes on High Sierra

Post by MICCX »

thanks for all your help.

I changed sata ports number but it's the same condition...

Respect to installer app, I downloaded from a random site because I couldn't download it from high sierra.

Could you tell how to download a full installer app for el capitan?

Thanks you again,
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

MICCX wrote:I downloaded from a random site because I couldn't download it from high sierra.
If you had said that from the beginning, that's where the conversation would have ended!
I can't possibly know what you've downloaded!!! Neither can you!

Apple has unfortunately made it impossible to download any previous installers. Complain to Apple about it from their feedback. Select "macOS" and "Installation/Setup" as the Feedback Area.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Tesla1856
Guest OSses: Windows-10 64bit

Post by Tesla1856 »

MICCX wrote:Could you tell how to download a full installer app for el capitan?
You were suppose to create the macOS Recovery USB Flash back when you had that Installer on your machine.
I finally had a reason to use mine when I reloaded my niece's Late-2008 MacBook the other day after SSD upgrade (and it worked).

Start creating them now, and you will have them years from now when you need them.
Mac-Mini (Late 2012) Intel-i5, 4gb RAM, SSD
Running macOS High-Sierra 10.13.x
BootCamp Windows-10 Pro 64bit (as a native "Option-Key" boot, directly against Apple hardware)
- Using VirtualBox v5.2.x to access this same Windows-10 install as macOS-Guest via RawDisk (sometimes, for lite uses)
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Tesla1856 wrote:Start creating them now, and you will have them years from now when you need them.
It's a real disgrace that Apple does NOT make these installers available!
  • Shame! Shame! Shame! [1]
For the love of bytes, you could still get MacOS 7.5 a couple of years ago, more than 25 years after it was originally released! I honestly can't understand why Apple doesn't make the installers publicly available. And I'm not talking about the latest of each major release (10.9.5, 10.10.5, ... 10.13.6). I mean every... single... one... of them!!!

[1]: "Mother's Mercy", GoT s05e10 for you fans out there...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.