Where do I find Windows 10 Guest Additions?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
GenealogyCarty

Where do I find Windows 10 Guest Additions?

Post by GenealogyCarty »

I have installed Windows 10 on Mac OSX host but I cannot seem to locate the VB Guest Additions to install in Windows 10. I am trying to use Shared Folders. It works on a Win 7 Guest but not on my Windows 10 Guest.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Where do I find Windows 10 Guest Additions?

Post by socratis »

The Guest Additions are where they are always supposed to be; menu "Devices" » "Insert Guest Additions CD Image..."

If you've done something different in your other guests, like downloading a standalone GAs ISO, you should install them the proper way.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
GenealogyCarty

Post by GenealogyCarty »

I may be missing something obvious, but when I go to Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD Image and click - nothing happens. Where is this "CD image" ?
GenealogyCarty

Post by GenealogyCarty »

Found it - was in folder in Windows 10.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

In your CD drive of your guest...

For more information, see ch. 4.2 of the User Manual. You should have a searchable PDF version of the User Manual included with your installation (Help » Contents). Take advantage of that fact, and use it to search the PDF for the terms that interest you.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.