GURU MEDITATION | HELP!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: GURU MEDITATION | HELP!

Post by socratis »

643.com wrote:but couldn't get to Step 2 because I can't get past the "Guru"
Wait a minute... You get a Guru Meditation when you're booting from the GParted ISO??? Are you sure you're booting from the ISO? Can you make sure that the CD is first in the VM Settings » System » Boot order?

If not, I definitely want to see a ZIPPED VBox.log from a Guru while trying to start with GParted...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
643.com

Post by 643.com »

Whoops! Didn't read closely enough...I will boot from the GParted iso...
643.com

Post by 643.com »

Just booted from GParted iso and working to resize the partition in that GUI. The process is frozen, but I am hopeful that is just the way it is when it is resizing...will post an update either when process completes or in the morning.
643.com

Post by 643.com »

UPDATE:

1. GParted completed but gave me an error - said that I had deleted a partition that was required for resizing...not sure what that meant, so I am trying it again.
2. I am waiting on my Windows 10 purchase (TechSoup) to be approved and delivered before I can create my VM2 and then hopefully mount my VM1 (vdi).

Will update when there is a development.
643.com

Post by 643.com »

UPDATE: I went through 36 hours of creating a 2 TB virtual disk on my external drive. Went to install Windows 10 and am getting the following error (see attached). I don't want to go through the process of recreating the virtual disk!

Help!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 4.54.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 4.54.29 PM.png (14.12 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

643.com wrote: I went through 36 hours of creating a 2 TB virtual disk on my external drive.
Huh??? What did you do and how did you do it?

BTW, this is getting away from the original "GURU MEDITATION | HELP!" title of the thread, don't you think?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
643.com

Post by 643.com »

Yep. Good reminder. Will close this and open a new one. Thanks for all your help.