VBox stopped launching on OSX 10.9

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
tronnyjenkins

Re: VBox stopped launching on OSX 10.9

Post by tronnyjenkins »

Wow, I wonder why Apple is choosing to neuter their user's capabilities. Very lame. Thanks again for helping me!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VBox stopped launching on OSX 10.9

Post by socratis »

tronnyjenkins wrote:Wow, I wonder why Apple is choosing to neuter their user's capabilities.
Apple is neutering their users' capabilities? No, I'm afraid you're confused. There's absolutely no "neutering" whatsoever. If you think that security of the system is limiting, you haven't used an iOS or an Android device apparently.

BTW, it's not Apple, it's everyone that has any self-respect in the OS business. You remember that I said that both in Linux and Solaris (and in Windows too), VirtualBox checks for the appropriate file security? That's what I meant. The security can NOT be relaxed in the system, just because your partner moved out and you used the brute force approach to take ownership of their files!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.