Windows 10 reinstall again

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
enclaveOfficer

Windows 10 reinstall again

Post by enclaveOfficer »

I am new to using virtual machines, I followed a video tutorial on how to run windows 10 on my macbook pro using virtualbox. I installed it once and even installed visual basic. After I was happy and had everything working, I launch the virtual box application to run the windows 10 Virtual machine several days later to only find that I had to reinstall windows again. Windows 10 still appeared on my list of virtual machines but when turned on, I had to do the installation process all over again. Does anybody know why this happened? Also I tried searching for a similar post on here but was not able to find one so I made this one.
ChipMcK
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, OSX

Re: Windows 10 reinstall again

Post by ChipMcK »

Did you remember to unMount the CD (or install media) before the relaunch ?
enclaveOfficer

Post by enclaveOfficer »

ChipMcK wrote:Did you remember to unMount the CD (or install media) before the relaunch ?
I guess I did not, don't even know how to do that. When i saw the tutorial, I didn't use a product key. Do I need a product key for windows 10? I am currently experimenting with virtual machines to see If i want to invest in them.

My process is that I launch virtual box application and then start windows 10, when I am done I shut down the machine and eventually quit both applications.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

enclaveOfficer wrote:Do I need a product key for windows 10?
That is a question for Microsoft, not for us. I can guess their answer however.