No Internet but Yes Network

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Tortilla guy

No Internet but Yes Network

Post by Tortilla guy »

Super strange. I am running latest VB with Additions on Mac running latest OSX host with Windows 7 guest. Everything was running great then all of a sudden... No Internet BUT I can see the computers on the network.

It's a work Mac so I access accounting program on the LAN.

I have 2 network adaptors running. #1 is bridged to my wifi airport and #2 is hostonly for printer (which is grayed out at the moment because I have no internet, I think)

I've tried the following:

1. General thread search to see if anyone has had this problem before
2. Reboot VB
3. Reboot Mac
4. Disabled and Enabled Network Adaptors in VB Settings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 3.21.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 3.21.27 PM.png (62.3 KiB) Viewed 819 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No Internet but Yes Network

Post by socratis »

Tortilla guy wrote:then all of a sudden
Nothing happens all of a sudden... ;)
See if you have a firewall that got updated, an upgrade to OSX or similar.
Tortilla guy wrote:#1 is bridged to my wifi airport and #2 is hostonly for printer
I have some questions about the choice of your setup. WiFi is finicky sometimes, but it seems to work in your case since you see the rest of the computers on the network. By using Bridged, that means that the VM is just another computer on your physical LAN. So, good so far.

The part which I'm not sure about is why do you have to use the HostOnly option just for the printer sharing. Is the printer a networked one?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.