Kali Linux Installation fail. "Installation step failed. The failing step is: Install the system"

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
TheGreenMongoose

Kali Linux Installation fail. "Installation step failed. The failing step is: Install the system"

Post by TheGreenMongoose »

I am trying to install Kali Linux in virtual box on Mac osx and when I get to the installation stage it says "Installation step failed. The failing step is: Install the system". I tried changing the USB setting to 2.0 and downloading the extension pack because I heard that helped some people but it did not work. Can anybody help me out here? :?:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Kali Linux Installation fail. "Installation step failed. The failing step is: Install the syste

Post by socratis »

Try to install the VM from scratch. When time comes to select the VDI size, choose at least 20 GB. See if that helps...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.