Not identified Keyboard

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
GuillaumeFrance

Not identified Keyboard

Post by GuillaumeFrance »

Hello,
I would like use MacOS X 64 bits on my Mac 32 bits (I Mac "big screen"), I ve created correctly my Virtual Disk and used my DVD disk of Snow Leopard. But the system says me in the Virtual Window that the Keyboard is not identified and then I can't use it.n Do you have a way to bypass this problem ?
Thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Not identified Keyboard

Post by socratis »

GuillaumeFrance wrote:on my Mac 32 bits (I Mac "big screen")
What do you mean by that?

We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Any and all

Re: Not identified Keyboard

Post by michaln »

I think the OP means the dialog OS X brings up after installation. The one where it asks to press the keys next to the left and right Shift keys. Unclear why OP does not follow the dialog's advice.