failed to load windows 10 iso

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
burt

failed to load windows 10 iso

Post by burt »

I'm using VBox (5.2.6) to install windows 10. I get to the point of starting the installation of windows, push the start arrow and get the following error message: "no bootable medium found"
I have download windows 10 64bit.iso twice from Microsoft and I have gotten the same error message. I have vm disk running and the Iso is on the desk top.

Using Mac OS High Sierra (up to date) on a 27" iMac (2017)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: failed to load windows 10 iso

Post by socratis »

burt wrote:I have download windows 10 64bit.iso twice from Microsoft and I have gotten the same error message.
Because the download could be corrupted both times. Use a checksum to verify that your download is intact. If you could give me an exact link, or a step-by-step to download the ISO, I could check it out...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
burt

Post by burt »

The checksum on the file is 5e8bdef20c4b468f868f1f579197f7cf I don't see a checksum listed on the microsoft page.
I got it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... ndows10ISO
Selected Edition: windows 10
Select Language: English
select: 64-bit download (after this the file is downloaded to me)

this is the error message I get in VBox after selecting Start : Fatal: No bootable medium found! System halted
I downloaded a fresh copy of the iso this morning. I have the iso on the desk top and on a flash drive. I have also opened the iso from the flash drive on the desk top. I have tried with the destination drive mounted and also ejected
Last edited by socratis on 25. Feb 2018, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed obfuscated URLs.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Here's a SHA1 checksum listing site for several Windows 10 ISOs: http://winsha1.yooneed.one/win10en-1709.html
Compare it to what you have...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.