Garbled display on initially installing windows 10 64-bit guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jezbo

Garbled display on initially installing windows 10 64-bit guest

Post by jezbo »

Trying to set up a new Windows 10 64-bit guest on my MacOS host, as soon as I pick the windows 10 iso file (obtained from the microsoft download site) I'm hit with this screen, and nothing further seems to happen.
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 10.20.48.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 10.20.48.png (73.4 KiB) Viewed 1417 times
What have I done wrong? I've followed this process a few times from a windows host, but never a mac host - I'm running an iMac on MacOS High Sierra.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Garbled display on initially installing windows 10 64-bit guest

Post by socratis »

Hmm... I've seen that with Linux guests, not a Win10. We're going to need to see a VM log from a complete VM run:
  • Start the VM from cold-boot (not from a paused or saved state) / Observe error / Shutdown the VM (force close it if you have to).
  • With the VM completely shut down (not paused or saved), right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager and select "Show Log".
  • Save only the first "VBox.log", ZIP it and attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" tab below the reply form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.