Help with VB and High Sierra

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
tekgeek1

Help with VB and High Sierra

Post by tekgeek1 »

We are trying to get VB installed on a Macbook Pro with High Sierra. This is the first time it has been installed on this machine. We had a lot of trouble because of the Privacy ALLOW feature but when we removed the AV on the laptop VB seemed to execute....I still could not get a clean installation. When we started up the VM (Win 10) - I could see it booting in the preview window but was unable to bring it to a full screen.

Anyone with answers that will help would be GREATLY appreciated! I can provide more details is necessary.

-Bruce
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Help with VB and High Sierra

Post by socratis »

tekgeek1 wrote:We had a lot of trouble because of the Privacy ALLOW feature
That is an Apple problem, please let them know.
tekgeek1 wrote:but when we removed the AV on the laptop VB seemed to execute
Your antivirus and the Security "Allow extensions from XYZ developer" have nothing to do with each other, unless your antivirus has tied them together.
tekgeek1 wrote:I still could not get a clean installation
I'm not sure what that means. Can you please explain that part?
tekgeek1 wrote: When we started up the VM (Win 10) - I could see it booting in the preview window but was unable to bring it to a full screen.
So was the VM starting or not? Starting is one thing; full-screen is another; brewing coffee is yet another ;)
tekgeek1 wrote: I can provide more details is necessary.
Please do...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.