[WorksForMe] VirtualBox quit unexpectedly.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Mark92630
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 10

[WorksForMe] VirtualBox quit unexpectedly.

Post by Mark92630 »

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 23.47.15.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 23.47.15.png (36.08 KiB) Viewed 1829 times
This is now happening every time I shut down a VM, whether Windows or Ubuntu. The shutdown of the guest appears to complete normally, but is immediately followed by a crash of VirtualBox, itself. 5.1.30 was also crashing every time. I upgraded to 5.2.4 to see if that might help, but it didn't.
Last edited by socratis on 27. Dec 2017, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [WorksForMe].
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: VirtualBox quit unexpectedly.

Post by socratis »

I'm going to need full details about the host version and the VirtualBox version, a ZIPPED copy of the VBoxSVC.log (~/Library/VirtualBox/VBoxSVC.log) from when the crash happened, a ZIPPED copy of the crash report, and the output of:
  • kextstat | grep -v com.apple
PS. I am not getting the information details from your signature, because the signature isn't the best place to put your information, as it applies to *all* your messages, past current and future. It might in fact be straight out misleading. You want to take a look at one of your older posts and tell me how in the seven kingdoms you were running a 10.13.2 host in 2012??? ;)

PPS. If you are indeed in 10.13.2, don't even think about running anything less than 5.2.4. You might have major issues...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Mark92630
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 10

Post by Mark92630 »

It's working now. VB does not quit after shutting down Windows or Linux guests.

Whatever ...
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Glad you got it going. Marking as [WorksForMe].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.