Windows VM Fails to Start on OS X

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
tommyday

Windows VM Fails to Start on OS X

Post by tommyday »

Hello, new to VirtualBox as we are deploying this to a bunch of our Macs here at our school. When I try to load my Windows 8 VM I get a message that states "The virtual machine "name of VM" has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1).

Error log shows:ERROR [COM]: aRC=NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005) aIID={85cd948e-a71f-4289-281e-0ca7ad48cd89} aComponent={MachineWrap} aText={The virtual machine 'Windows 8-Hyperscore ' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1)}, preserve=false aResultDetail=0

Can anyone help please? Our students need this by Thursday morning!

I have tested on my new 15" Retina and it works fine, I get these error on 2012 "11" MacBook Air as well as 2016 iMac. VirtualBox version 5.2
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows VM Fails to Start on OS X

Post by socratis »

tommyday wrote:Our students need this by Thursday morning!
I hope I'm not too late ;)

Can you explain the differences between the working and the non-working setups? And primarily I mean the OSX version that they're running, and the software that is installed (antivirus, security, other).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.