High Sierra 10.13.1, VirtualBox 5.2 won't run

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jmacie

High Sierra 10.13.1, VirtualBox 5.2 won't run

Post by jmacie »

I've installed and uninstalled VirtualBox 5.2 and it will not open after install. I read several threads that say to go to security and privacy and "allow" Oracle to "run". I didn't see this option. I understand this subject is covered all over the place, but I have not seen a clear (for me) solution. Any help appreciated, Thanks johnm
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: High Sierra 10.13.1, VirtualBox 5.2 won't run

Post by socratis »

jmacie wrote:I have not seen a clear (for me) solution
Have you asked Apple about it? Have you gone to a genius bar and let them have it? Not the employees, the higher management? For letting their key 10.13 feature fail from the get-go?

There isn't a personalized solution for you. Start reading from the following thread: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=84759 because that's all we can offer to those that suffer from this Apple booboo at the moment...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jmacie

Re: High Sierra 10.13.1, VirtualBox 5.2 won't run

Post by jmacie »

Thank you for the direction. I will add any progress I achieve, johnm
I had actually read this thread before, but I'll try again