Graphical glitch VB 5.2 Mac OS X 10.12.6

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
cwfred

Graphical glitch VB 5.2 Mac OS X 10.12.6

Post by cwfred »

Hello everybody!

I'm experiencing a graphical glitch inVirtualBox 5.2 on Mac OS X 10.12.6.
VB looks fine on startup, but as soon as I power on a virtual machine or open it's preferences, or create a new machine, I get a big chunk
of white at the top of my VB window. (see screenshot)
I believe this started with VB 5.2. I can't think of any other updates I have made right before this started that could be the cause of this.

Anybody have any idea how to fix this?

Apologies if this has been addressed before, and eluded my forum search. Pointers to relevant posts would be equally appreciated!

Thanks!
- Fred

System info:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
2,6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2017-10-31 kl. 22.16.46.jpg
Skjermbilde 2017-10-31 kl. 22.16.46.jpg (120.04 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
cwfred

Re: Graphical glitch VB 5.2 Mac OS X 10.12.6

Post by cwfred »

I have also experienced a few crashes. Rare, but they seem to be related to changing settings on a virtual machine.
I'll include the crash report in case it may include valid information.

Thanks again!
- Fred
Attachments
crashreport.txt
(58.4 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

About the glitch... I've seen it too on a MacBookPro (11,5) running 10.11.6 OSX with almost every 5.2.x build. The problem is that I cannot find a reproducible scenario where I can get the glitch to show up every time, that's why I haven't reported it yet. I thought it was just me, since I didn't see anyone complain. I guess that makes two of us... ;)

The developers have been notified. It's an OSX/Qt5 glitch and they're working to find out the why. What would really help as I said would be to get a reproducible case. I'll try to do that.

As for your crashes, I don't think that they are not related to the glitch. Maybe you should start a new thread about that? Oh, and for future reference you should ZIP your logs. It helps save a (virtual) tree or two... ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
patrickmkane

Post by patrickmkane »

I can reproduce this problem on MacOS 10.13 on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) on every Windows 10 boot. It occurs on both 5.1.30 and 5.2.

To reproduce, I just drag the window around while Windows 10 displays the boot screen. The display becomes separated from the window that contained it and remains separated until I swap into and back out of full screen mode.

If there are logs or other feedback that would be helpful to provide to help track this down, let me know.