[Solved] Host OSX High Sierra Usb not recognize Guest W.7 x64

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
fedemanz
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7,server

[Solved] Host OSX High Sierra Usb not recognize Guest W.7 x64

Post by fedemanz »

Hi guys, I'm with the problem I'm going to describe, about a host high sierra, I have installed a guest windows 7 x64 works without problems, except the usb does not take them. When I activate the 1.1 and 2.0 usb windows 7 recognizes it, installs the drivers, they appear in the device manager but when I insert a pendrive it does not recognize it, not even when I go to the "ports" part of the console of configuration of the VB. Apart from this when I want to activate the usb 3.0 here directly windows does not install the drivers and I am as if they lack the 3.0 drivers, not so with the 2.0 or 1.0. I also clarify that I have installed the extension pack 5.2.0 and my version of VB is 5.2.0, I also want to clarify that in any of the above mentioned cases there is a driver that the windows never install it and it is the DEVICE BASE SYSTEM
Last edited by fedemanz on 31. Oct 2017, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Host OSX High Sierra Usb not recognize Guest W.7 x64

Post by socratis »

Please read the following thread: USB basics and troubleshooting, all of the posts. If you still have a problem after reading through the whole thing, please follow the advice of the last post.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
fedemanz

Post by fedemanz »

thank you today I will be reading thoroughly
fedemanz

Post by fedemanz »

Thank you very much, I was able to solve the problem with all the information you gave me! Genius!!
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: [Solved] Host OSX High Sierra Usb not recognize Guest W.7 x64

Post by socratis »

Great! Thanks for the feedback...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.