no matching mac found: client hmac-md5,hmac-sha...

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jdog

no matching mac found: client hmac-md5,hmac-sha...

Post by jdog »

So I have been running VirtualBox for 3 years unchanged. I have VB running on my Macbook Pro. I haven't updated VB since 4.7? and everything is working fine. My server is Linux.

I do my usual process of login to VB make some changes to my app code and save the commits to git. I then try to push the code to git and I now get the following error.

no matching mac found: client hmac-md5...... fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

I haven't changed anything. Any idea where the problem lies or how to find where the problem is?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: no matching mac found: client hmac-md5,hmac-sha...

Post by socratis »

Just because a program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem. You're having an issue that has nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS or the application of the guest.

Having said that, have you searched for that error? Is that a network error? Sounds like it. Have you checked the network connectivity between your host and your guest? What kind of networking are you using?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
jdog

Post by jdog »

So I found the issue, but not sure why it no longer work. This is the line that is causing the issue, but it has gone unchanged?

Code: Select all

git push thing-staging beta-staging:master
Last edited by socratis on 25. Oct 2017, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary verbatim quote of the whole previous message.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

As I mentioned earlier, this line has nothing to do with VirtualBox. VirtualBox provides the hardware. I already told you where to look for the problem at; network connectivity.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.