Why I can't download the software on the VirtualBok

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Reem1

Why I can't download the software on the VirtualBok

Post by Reem1 »

My Operating system is Mac OS X and I Download the VirtualBok with Operating system Windows7 x64
because I want to install in VirtualBok software app like Oracle Database Express Edition 11g Release 2
I am try to install on VirtualBok but when I open the software I see this massage " An error occurred while loading the archive "
what should I do?? I really need this software on my laptop Mac "Oracle Database Express Edition 11g Release 2 "
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Why I can't download the software on the VirtualBok

Post by socratis »

Reem1 wrote:I Download the VirtualBok with Operating system Windows7 x64
VirtualBox does not come with an Operating System. You will have to provide the Win7-64 installation media and do the installation of Windows in a Virtual Machine (VM). Then install your database.

You sound like a fairly new user to VirtualBox. Since you are expected to know some basic terms before we engage in a meaningful discussion, I would suggest to start by reading three small chapters from the User Manual:
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Why I can't download the software on the VirtualBok

Post by mpack »

Reem1 wrote:My Operating system is Mac OS X and I Download the VirtualBok with Operating system Windows7 x64
I assume you mean that you downloaded a VirtualBox VM containing Windows 7.

Where did you download this from?