Unable to disable VT-x/AMD-V in Virtualbox (Max OSX)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Dont know anyhthing

Unable to disable VT-x/AMD-V in Virtualbox (Max OSX)

Post by Dont know anyhthing »

Yeah so I cant disable VT-x/AMD-V in Mac OSX running VirtualBox version 5.1.28, read somewhere that using an older version of Virtualbox may fix this but I tried Virtualbox 5.1.0 and still had this error. please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Unable to disable VT-x/AMD-V in Virtualbox (Max OSX)

Post by socratis »

Why on earth you'd want to disable VT-x? (there's no AMD-V). People are paying money to have them enabled! What do you want to do that needs VT-x disabled?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Dont know anyhthing

Post by Dont know anyhthing »

Well I'm trying to make a Windows 95 VM but I keep getting a protection error on startup and I heard that disabling 'VT-x/AMD-V' would fix it.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

I don't know where you heard that, but it's not valid information. Plus there's no way that you can disable VT-x on a Mac. Here are some guides:
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.