Mouse Cursor Double fix

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
calebo5

Mouse Cursor Double fix

Post by calebo5 »

My mouse cursor shows up twice sometimes in a virtual machine. one is the guest cursor and the other one is the host cursor and its really getting annoying now that almost every single virtual machine has it. How can I fix this? :?:
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse Cursor Double fix

Post by socratis »

Known issue. Ticket 15610: Host cursor visible in guest, produces double cursors. Take a look at the linked discussion as well. The only way that it seems the fix is going to come any day soon, is if you have good programming skills. Or if you have big pockets.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
calebo5

Post by calebo5 »

I just read a little bit of it but I don't know what it means its too complicated for me to read it so, can someone tell me what it means in a simpler way instead of words that are hard to understand.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

It's not fixed, you can do nothing about it.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
calebo5

Post by calebo5 »

Oh well is there anyother way to fix it?
Virtual Charles
Primary OS: Ubuntu 12.04
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Linux Mint, Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS 10.6.8

Post by Virtual Charles »

I had this issue with host OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and guest OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and VirtualBox 5.1.28.

I can verify it is fixed for me with VirtualBox 5.1.30.

Thanks for the hard work!

Charles