[Solved] window 10 VM not mounting shared drive

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
JayS

[Solved] window 10 VM not mounting shared drive

Post by JayS »

Virtualbox 5.1.28 is running on MacOS 10.12.6 with Windows 10 Home. It was working fine but then I didn't need to use it for about a year. Now Windows isn't mounting the shared folder as the E Drive so I can't shared files between the Apple and Windows systems. Looked at Shared folders in VirtualBox and it is still showing that the network drive should be mounted on start up. But it isn't happening. All help appreciated. Need to run MS Publisher and it only works on the Windows side. Thanks
Last edited by socratis on 19. Sep 2017, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: window 10 VM not mounting shared drive

Post by socratis »

Reinstall the Guest Additions. It's a known problem with Windows 10 updates. Be prepared to do that for every major Win10 update.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
JayS

Post by JayS »

Socratis, thanks very much. How do I install the Guest Additions? Want to make sure I do it correctly and cause any more problems.
JayS

Post by JayS »

Socratis, Went to the installation guide and figured it out. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Great, thanks for the feedback. Marking as [Solved].
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.