Installs hang on MacOS with VirtualBox running

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
PJMarsh

Installs hang on MacOS with VirtualBox running

Post by PJMarsh »

Hi

I've had an issue installing anything on MacOS Sierra (10.12.6) since I got my new MacBook Pro in April. i use a Windows 10 VM a lot with VirtualBox 5.1.2.6, so have it running pretty much all the time. Whenever I try to install a new piece of software, or an update on MacOS, it get to the point of me entering my password, and then it just sits there doing nothing. I've just found that it springs into life as soon as I shutdown the Windows 10 VM. Any suggestions on what might be causing this, and how I could possible fix it?

Thanks

Phil
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Installs hang on MacOS with VirtualBox running

Post by socratis »

I can't say that I've heard that behavior before, so I'm a little stumped as to what might be going on. What does the Activity monitor has to say about that? What's going on in the host? Maybe you've allocated too much RAM for your guest?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.