Mac OS gusst on Mac OS

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Adi Azran

Mac OS gusst on Mac OS

Post by Adi Azran »

I am trying to create Sierra VM on my Mac which is using the same OS
I've created an Iso file using the forum - MacRumors : Bootable DVD for Sierra installer
and .cdr files using the Sierra app I've downloaded from the App Store using Disk Utility.
but I didn't succeed to make it work, all this is new to me so I'm not sure what is the problem.
even after I'm adding the files to the VM as a disk but it still not working and the error I get is: FATAL : could not read from the boot Medium! System halted.
I've tried to checked the flag - Enable EFI (special Uses Only) in this case the console starts running but it's freezes at some point.
I've tried to change chip set but without any success.

please help,
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Mac OS gusst on Mac OS

Post by mpack »

Please post a VM log file. With the VM fully shut down, right click and "Show Log" in the GUI, save "VBox.log" (no other file) to a zip, and attach the zip here.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

1. You should NOT be making changes (like EFI and chipset) that deviate from the default template. Delete what you've done and start from scratch with a 10.11 template.
  2. There is also an alternative script that you can try (although at a first glance they look that they work similarly) from here: [Howto] Create OSX ISO from the OSX Install app.
  3. You're getting a "FATAL : could not read from the boot Medium! System halted." If the script converts the .app to .iso correctly you shouldn't be getting that. Or you changed the settings so much (see #1), that the VM fails to start.
  4. The bootable ISO will not boot for OSX >= 10.12.4. This is a known issue, #16644: Installation of clean OSX 10.12.4 fails. Add your voice to the ticket, to get notified if the situation changes. For now, either get yourself a hold of an older installer (anything 10.12-10.12.3), or update a copy of a 10.x VM to 10.12.6.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Adi Azran

Post by Adi Azran »

I am using the last version from the App Store the version is 10.12.6
I tried to create clean VM with the default , now its freeze at
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

probable the same issue as the open issue #16644
I attached here the log file maybe it will be halpfull
thanks,
Attachments
Vblog.log.zip
log zip fie
(24.77 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Adi Azran wrote:probable the same issue as the open issue #16644
Not probable, 100% certain. That's the problem and there is not a known solution at the moment, except the ones I already listed.
socratis wrote:either get yourself a hold of an older installer (anything 10.12-10.12.3), or update a copy of a 10.x VM to 10.12.6.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.