NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Menno1

Post by Menno1 »

Hello

Yesterday, my Virtual Box was still working on my max OSX Sierra (Latest version).
Today I get this problem:

What should I do? I don't have any knowledge in computer programming ;)

Menno
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200)

Post by socratis »

Menno1 wrote:NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200)
That's not all you get, there should be more to that error. Can you please try again? If there is an arrow to expand the error message, please click it. Include the complete error message. And please tell me when you're getting the error; when you start VirtualBox or when you try to launch a VM? Did you try rebooting your host?

And please think what modifications you've done to the system that could affect the system. I'm not talking about installing Firefox or Skype, I'm talking about lower level programs like XQuartz, HomeBrew, MacPorts, emulators, antivirus, etc.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Menno1

Re: NS_ERROR_SOCKET_FAIL (0xC1F30200)

Post by Menno1 »

Thanks for your reply!

I do not know how or why, but it works again (I did not do anything important on my laptop).
The problem occurred when I started VB.

It worked yesterday and since then I only checked my Facebook and emails, so I don't think I did anything wrong.
Let's hope the problem does not repeat its self.

Menno