Cant get Internet on Guest (WindowsXP). Host=MacOS Sierra

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
taliz33

Cant get Internet on Guest (WindowsXP). Host=MacOS Sierra

Post by taliz33 »

Hello all,

I have been searching a while thru the internet.
I can not make my guest (windows xp 32b) to have internet conectivity

I fount a lot of different posts and try them all... With NAT, Bridge... with PCnet Fast II, PCnet Fast III, Intel Pro/100MT Desktop... With 2 adapters.
Inserting Guest Additions...Installing an Intel driver...

Oh, I need help.

I currently have the following setup in the pics...
Attachments
Adapter2
Adapter2
Captura de pantalla 2017-07-22 a la(s) 22.35.23.png (79.67 KiB) Viewed 912 times
Adapter1
Adapter1
Captura de pantalla 2017-07-22 a la(s) 22.35.08.png (77.93 KiB) Viewed 912 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Cant get Internet on Guest (WindowsXP). Host=MacOS Sierra

Post by socratis »

Please do not change the defaults. So, switch to one adapter only, attached to NAT, with the "Intel PRO/100 T server". Note that it's the "T" variant, not the "MT" one.

Now, can you please define "no internet"? Here's the test to see if you have an active internet connection: 1) ping 8.8.8.8, and 2) ping google.com. If both of these work you do have an active connection to the internet.

I have a feeling that your definition is "I can't access website XYZ". If that's the case, then it's not an internet connectivity issue, it's a browser issue. The default browser with XP is IE6, which is way, way too old. Plus the security certificates installed with the system are outdated.

Your best option is to install a different browser, like Firefox which will end support for WinXP in Sep/2017. See: Important - Firefox is ending support for Windows XP and Vista for more details.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.