Virtualbox Installation failed unknown error

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Banhawy

Virtualbox Installation failed unknown error

Post by Banhawy »

I am trying to install VirtualBox on my Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5 which is spitting out an ambiguous error that I can't find a definitive solution for online.
I do remember having installed VirtualBox before and an uninstalled it so I went ahead and removed all traces of any previous installation, rebooted, checked activity monitor and it still doesn't work.
Here's the installer log:

Code: Select all

Jul  5 00:48:26 Adhams-MacBook-Air installd[296]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Jul  5 00:48:26 Adhams-MacBook-Air installd[296]: PackageKit: Session UUID file exists - will not overwrite /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/F067BBEA-4E59-4645-9618-2AED3923F6FF.activeSandbox
Jul  5 00:48:40 Adhams-MacBook-Air installd[296]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “VirtualBox.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postflight, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/VirtualBox/VirtualBox.pkg#VBoxKEXTs.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=org.virtualbox.pkg.vboxkexts, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “VirtualBox.pkg”.} {
	    NSFilePath = "./postflight";
	    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cVirtualBox.pkg\U201d.";
	    NSURL = "file://localhost/Volumes/VirtualBox/VirtualBox.pkg#VBoxKEXTs.pkg";
	    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "org.virtualbox.pkg.vboxkexts";
	}
Jul  5 00:48:40 Adhams-MacBook-Air Installer[1798]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jul  5 00:48:40 Adhams-MacBook-Air Installer[1798]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Jul  5 00:48:40 Adhams-MacBook-Air Installer[1798]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
LoboWerewolf

Re: Virtualbox Installation failed unknown error

Post by LoboWerewolf »

I have the same problem. VirtualBox installs but I can not boot any virtual machine.
Everyone says:

Code: Select all

Failed to open/create the internal network 'HostInterfaceNetworking-en1' (VERR_SUPDRV_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND).
Failed to attach the network LUN (VERR_SUPDRV_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND).

Result Code: 
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: 
ConsoleWrap
Interface: 
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
VirtualBox-5.1.22-115126-OSX
Host: on this Mac i just installed Mac OS High Sierra public beta 10.13 Beta (17A291m)
Guest: Ubuntu 17.04
Banhawy

Post by Banhawy »

LoboWerewolf wrote:I have the same problem. VirtualBox installs but I can not boot any virtual machine.
How is this the same problem? My problem is that I cannot get Virtualbox to install at all.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

@Banhawy
Sorry I missed that post. Did this get resolved?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.