Raw File Not Visible To Software

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
BlacknGold

Raw File Not Visible To Software

Post by BlacknGold »

I am running Windows 7 in VirtualBox and I downloaded a Window's compatible software: Agilent 2100 Expert. Everything appeared fine until I tried to open a raw file that is compatible with this software. It's and .xad file. The software does not see the file in any folder I put it in. When I try to open the file with the software it doesn't work either. While in Mac I can see that it is an xad file. When in Windows the file type is "file." Any suggestions?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Raw File Not Visible To Software

Post by socratis »

If you place the XAD file within your Windows guest, and the software can't open it, then it's a problem between your Windows and your software. Just because a program that runs in the context of VirtualBox has a problem, it doesn't make it a VirtualBox problem. You seem to be having an issue that has nothing to do with VirtualBox, so my suggestion would be to treat it as such, as a native problem with the OS or the application of the guest.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
BlacknGold

Re: Raw File Not Visible To Software

Post by BlacknGold »

OK, thank you. I was starting to wonder if this was the issue.