Windows 10 Guest Massive Mouse and Keyboard Lag

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
zez

Windows 10 Guest Massive Mouse and Keyboard Lag

Post by zez »

Hello Everyone,

I'm running the most current version of Virtualbox and it's extension and, whenever I run any program in my Windows 10 Guest, it does not perform well. If I click and drag a program window within the guest, the VM slows down to a crawl at which point it freezes for a bit. It does become responsive again, but it takes a while sometimes and makes basic tasks a bit tedious. Clicking in general can take a while for the actual action to perform such as clicking the close button in a window running on the Guest.

I do have the Guest Addons installed and it hasn't really helped the issue. Does anyone have some suggestions?

Let me know if any additional information is required. Here is some basic information:

Host: Late 2015 5k iMac with an i5 and 24GB of RAM running Mac OS 10.12.4
Guest: 3 cores and 6GB of RAM running the most current version of Windows 10.

Thanks in advance!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Windows 10 Guest Massive Mouse and Keyboard Lag

Post by socratis »

zez wrote:I'm running the most current version of Virtualbox
Do you know what that statement is going to look in a year from now? Outdated. So, for the sake of the argument, I will assume 5.1.22.

See if the symptoms in tickets #11606 and #16436 match your experiences.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
zez

Re: Windows 10 Guest Massive Mouse and Keyboard Lag

Post by zez »

Sorry about that, your assumption is correct.

The two tickets you linked to do match my issue, it's unfortunate that this has been an issue for a while.