USB error: failed to create proxy

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
mrscaterina

USB error: failed to create proxy

Post by mrscaterina »

I have already read all the rules on the page: USB basics and troubleshooting but my VM is still doesn't working with one USB ( it works with others USB, but not the one I need!)
Host: MacOS Sierra
Guest : Windows 7 Professional
Virtual box version: 5.1.22
Extension pack: 5.1.22-115126
I created the filter with ID vendor 1f75 and ID product 0903 - controller USB 2.0 (I ve tried also with USB 3.0 but doesn't work either).

The error is:

Connessione del dispositivo USB MX Mass Storage Device [0001] alla macchina virtuale Virtual Windows non riuscita.
Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device. (Error: VERR_PDM_NO_USB_PORTS).
Codice 'uscita: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Componente: ConsoleWrap
Interfaccia: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Please help me.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB error: failed to create proxy

Post by socratis »

Moving to "OSX Hosts" from "OSX Guests".

From the USB basics and troubleshooting article that you read, in the #6: Guest support section, have you installed the USB3 drivers in your Win7 guest?

If yes, then look at #7: Troubleshooting, part 8 and post the output of the commands there.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.